Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Induction Cooking

Back when I had considerably more disposable income than I do now, I joined Cooking Club of America. The promise of great recipes and the opportunity for product testing are exactly what this gadget girl loves. Over the past few years, I've tested mostly food products and small kitchen items. Fun stuff, but I always seemed to miss out on the really cool items.

Well, I finally got my chance. Today I received a Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC, for short). It uses copper coils to create a magnetic field in order to heat food. 


The package includes the cooktop, a large pan, fondue forks, training DVD, Quick Start Guide, and cookbook. The pan needs to be magnetic in order to work, so they've even included a magnet to help you determine what cookware will work best on the cooktop.

I'm really excited to see what it can do.  I've never made candy at home, but with precision temperature control, I should be able to make fudge, taffy, and hard candies, right? And poaching fish. It should work great for poaching fish! 

I hope you'll follow me in the weeks ahead as I test the PIC. I'll put it through the paces and let you know what I think.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an very long comment but after I
    clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing
    all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say great blog!
    My web site: keep cooking simple with a cuisinart vertical rotisserie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in. Your comments are welcome.